Our Service is Your Solution!
You have questions. You want to make the right decision. You want to get it done... and done right.
Our Service Is Your Solution!
- - - - -
QUICK & TIMELY TAKES
COMPLIMENTARY NEWSLETTERS AND RESOURCES
- Newsletters that are relevant, to the point and timely. Your time is important.
- Visit the Helpful Items tab for calculators, calendars and many other...well, helpful items!
ARIZONA & YOUR 2020 TAXES
- Arizona has officially extended the individual time to file and pay your 2020 taxes, included 1st Quarter 2021 estimated tax payments
- In Arizona 2020 Unemployment Benefits May or May Not be Taxable
- Generally, Arizona follows the same as the Federal tax laws ("Conform")
- New American Rescue Plan Act (March 10, 2021) provides for the first $10,400 of benefits to be excluded from income on your 2020 return for certain taxpayers
- CAUTION: Arizona hasn't officially "conformed" to these changes yet, though likely they will.
- For other Conformity AZ FAQs check out the AZDOR page
- Keep your records a little longer - Arizona has a 4 year statute of limitations, whereas the IRS is 3 years.
ECONOMIC IMPACT PAYMENTS: 1ST, 2ND AND NOW A 3RD WAVE
- Payments received are not taxable income
- Claim on your 2020 income tax return for qualified payments you did not receive from 1st or 2nd Wave.
- For official IRS information or to check your status - go to "Get My Payment"
EARLY RETIREMENT DISTRIBUTIONS FOR COVID SUPPORT
- If distributions are coronavirus-related you may be exempt from the 10% early withdrawal penalty.
- You may be able to report the income over a three year period, thus managing your brackets intelligently!
- Or, you may repay over three years, up to 2022, and claim refund for taxes paid on earlier related distributions.
- Office meetings are by appointment only.
- Schedule by call, email or use the online calendar.
- Call/text anytime - If I'm available I'll respond.
- Limited in person office hours are available with additional flexibility for phone calls or scheduled video conference.
- NOTE: As of 03/29/2021 building management still requires masks when in public/communal areas.
- - - - -
Contact our office to address your specific accounting, tax or other planning needs. This website is a valuable resource. Material is intended to provide accurate, current and general information.